Friday, January 27, 2006

O God, my help in ages past,
my hope for years to come,
my shelter for stormy blast,
and our eternal home.

under the shadow of thy throne,
thy saints have dwelt secure,
sufficient in thy arm alone.
and our defence is sure.

before the hills in order stood,
or earth received her frame,
from everlasting thou are God,
to endless years the same.

a thousand ages in thy sight,
are like an evening gone,
short as the watch that ends the night,
before the rising sun.

Time, like an ever rolling stream,
bears all its sons away,
indeed they fly forgotten as a dream,
dies at the opening day.

O God, help me in my ages past,
my hope for years to come,
be my guard when troubles last,
and our eternal home.

My faith looks up to thee,
thou lamb of calvary,
saviour divine,
hear me while i pray,
take all my guilt away,
o let me from this day.

through the night of doubt and sorrow,
onward i go to the pilgrim band,
singing songs of expectation,
marching to the promise land.

clear before us through the darkness,
gleams and burns the guiding land,
brother clasps the hand of brother,
stepping fearless through the night.

at last i know what is going on now,
in a few months time i need to bow,
please talk to me, i want to learn and find,
to improve and learn and bind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home